REQUIRE A BESPOKE LOOK?
We offer a custom design
service at NO extra cost.
Sliding mirror wardrobe doors are the most popular style of sliding doors sold by Wardrobe Doors Direct. Our mirrored 2-door, 3-door, 4-door and 5-door sliding door wardrobes offer a stylish and practical addition to any bedroom or walk-in wardrobe and work in harmony with either traditional or modern style rooms.
As well as being aesthetically pleasing, sliding mirror wardrobe doors also offer a number of other benefits that make them a popular choice for homeowners:
1. Increased storage space: As with any of our sliding door wardrobes, made-to-measure built-in sliding mirror wardrobes enable you to maximise the full space available for your wardrobe storage. Traditional hinged doors require space for the door to swing open and closed, which can take up valuable floor space. Mirror sliding wardrobe doors, on the other hand, simply slide along a track, so they do not require any additional space.
2. Fully customisable: When designing your made-to-measure sliding mirror wardrobe doors, you have the ability to customise the size, door style, frame style and mirror finishes of the door panels to match your specific needs and preferences. As well as traditional clear mirror (Silver Mirror) panels you can also choose from Bronze Mirror, Grey Mirror (sometimes called ‘smoked mirror’), and Satin Silver Mirror or Satin Grey Mirror finishes, which have a ‘frosted’ effect surface.
Unsure of which mirror panels to go for? Request a sample of mirror panels (or any other panels and frames) from our sample request page.
3. Lighter and brighter: Mirror panels reflect the amount of available light very well so are ideal for use in rooms where natural daylight is limited eg. rooms with small windows and/or that are north-facing. Choosing mirror doors can have the effect of making the room appear lighter and brighter.
4. The space illusion: Professional interior designers know very well the benefits that mirrors can bring in creating the illusion of additional space in a room. Mirrored wardrobe doors can be particularly effective when used in small rooms to create the illusion of greater space and airiness.
5. Practicality: Obviously, mirrored doors used in a bedroom setting have a great practical advantage in that they provide a perfect full-length vanity mirror for viewing clothing choices, styling hair, applying make-up, or simply for a little bit of self-preening!
6. Easy to use: Mirror sliding wardrobe doors are very easy to use, as they simply slide open and closed in their running tracks. Soft-close options are also available. This makes them perfect for those who may have mobility issues or who simply prefer a more convenient option.
7. Simple to install: As with all our sliding wardrobe doors, mirror sliding wardrobe doors are very easy to install and most competent, enthusiastic DIYers will have no problems. Alternatively, you could organise your own joiner to fit them. Please refer to our online installation guide for more information.
8. Easy to maintain: Our mirror sliding wardrobe doors are very easy to look after and keep clean – please refer to our article Looking after and maintaining your sliding wardrobe doors for more detailed information.
8. Energy efficient: Mirror sliding wardrobe doors are energy efficient, as they help to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The mirrored surface reflects heat, helping to reduce energy consumption and lower your energy bills.
9. Versatile: Although mirror sliding wardrobe doors are generally selected for use in bedrooms they can also be used to create stunning features and hidden storage areas in living rooms (eg. to disguise bookshelves, or collections of CDs or vinyl etc.), in home offices, hallways, kitchens, bathrooms and even garages to provide concealed storage and a stylish touch. They are also a perfect way to add a ‘mirror wall’ to a home-gym or yoga/pilates room whilst at the same time providing valuable hidden storage space.
10. Value for money: Mirror sliding wardrobe doors offer excellent value for money, as they are durable, easy to install and use, and can enhance the look and ambience of any room. They can also help to increase the value of your home, making them a smart investment. In addition to having the option of traditional full-length mirrored sliding doors (Como Collection) it is also possible to have H-bars that divide the mirror panels by choosing from one of our 3-panel split mirror door (Milano Collection), 3-panel narrow band mirror door (Modena Collection) or 3-panel wide band mirror door (Torino Collection).
Some of our customers have expressed concern about the safety aspects of using large mirrored sliding doors in their homes. Our mirrored (and glass) sliding wardrobe doors are manufactured from 4mm thickness safety-backed glass and all our mirror and glass products are manufactured to comply with the UK standards BS EN1036-2 and BS EN12150-2. What this means in practical terms is that a safety backing is applied to the glass during its production and so if any impact is endured or an accident occurs, all the broken pieces of mirror or glass are held in place.
(Note: Any air bubbles that you may notice on the back of our mirrored glass or coloured glass door panels are due to the safety backing film, and are completely normal. These do not show on the front face of the doors).
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our mirror sliding wardrobe doors or would like a quote for fitted wardrobe mirror doors please contact the Design Team on 0800 035 1730.
We offer a custom design
service at NO extra cost.
Follow these simple guidelines to
get the perfect fit for your sliding
The sliding wardrobe doors are
very easy to install so you don’t
have to be a DIY expert.
Request FREE samples to help
with the design process and